Colchester Student Union is the place to go for advice, volunteering, sports, societies and just a 15 min cycle from 27 Magdalen Street.
Student Lock-ins 2019.
One of the best things about being a student is the discounts that come with it. From food and drink, to clothes and gadgets, as a student you can make big savings on many top products and brands all year round.
But if there’s one time of the year to really make the most out of your student discount, it’s now. The start of a new academic year, you’ve just moved in to your student accommodation and a new intake of freshers means exclusive student-only shopping events and discounts are taking place at some of the UK’s top shopping venues. So, to help you organise your diary and ensure you don’t miss out on a fun-packed evening of freebies, competitions, up to 50% off discounts, music, games and much more, we’ve put together a list of some of the best student shopping nights…
Birmingham Student Lock-ins:
- Merry Hill – Tuesday 24th September: 3 – 9pm
- Bullring & Grand Central – Thursday 10th October: 5 – 9pm
- Cabot Circus – Tuesday 1st October: 5 – 9pm
- Grand Arcade – Wednesday 9th October
- St David’s – Tuesday 1st October: 4 – 9pm
Carlisle Student Lock-ins:
- Lanes – Thursday 19th September: 6 – 9pm
- Nothing confirmed.
- The Lower Precinct, West Orchards and Coventry BID – Wednesday 2nd October: 6 – 9pm
- Derby – Tuesday 1st October: 6 – 10pm
Dublin Student Lock-ins:
- Nothing Confirmed.
- Princesshay – Tuesday 1st October: 6:30 – 9:30pm
- Kingsgate – Thursday 26th September: 6 – 9pm
- Trinity Leeds – Tuesday 1st October: 12 – 8pm
Leicester Student Lock-ins:
- Highcross – Tuesday 8th October: 8:30pm – 12am
- Liverpool One – Wednesday 25th September: 9:30am – 8pm
- Victoria Centre – Tuesday 1st October: 6 – 10pm
Oxford Student Lock-ins:
- Nothing Confirmed.
- Drake Circus – Tuesday 24th September: 6:30 – 9pm
- MeadowHall – Thursday 3rd October: 5 – 10pm
Getting serious about the environment we live in.
To become more ‘environmentally friendly’, Host is launching the #HostEnvironmentalPledge campaign to encourage responsible behaviour and drive sustainability across our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
It’s a simple campaign! If we can reduce our overall utilities (electric, water and gas) consumption by 1% then we will donate £10,000, 2% reduction means £20,000, 3% is £30,000 and so on, to 3 charities; BulliesOut, Planet Patrol and World Land Trust.Show me all news
Moving in weekends have started across all our Host properties in the UK and Ireland. And we get it can be an anxious time so to help you settle in here are our top tips
Move in day can feel stressful, but the main thing is that once it’s over and you’re in your new room – the fun can begin. We have a look at what the day will be like for thousands of students across the UK and Ireland.