We've updated our getting ready for uni blog, and we've split our tips into different parts so that we can bring you all the details you will need over the next few months as you prepare for September and move in day.
Student Lock-ins 2019.
One of the best things about being a student is the discounts that come with it. From food and drink, to clothes and gadgets, as a student you can make big savings on many top products and brands all year round.
But if there’s one time of the year to really make the most out of your student discount, it’s now. The start of a new academic year, you’ve just moved in to your student accommodation and a new intake of freshers means exclusive student-only shopping events and discounts are taking place at some of the UK’s top shopping venues. So, to help you organise your diary and ensure you don’t miss out on a fun-packed evening of freebies, competitions, up to 50% off discounts, music, games and much more, we’ve put together a list of some of the best student shopping nights…
Birmingham Student Lock-ins:
- Merry Hill – Tuesday 24th September: 3 – 9pm
- Bullring & Grand Central – Thursday 10th October: 5 – 9pm
- Cabot Circus – Tuesday 1st October: 5 – 9pm
- Grand Arcade – Wednesday 9th October
- St David’s – Tuesday 1st October: 4 – 9pm
Carlisle Student Lock-ins:
- Lanes – Thursday 19th September: 6 – 9pm
- Nothing confirmed.
- The Lower Precinct, West Orchards and Coventry BID – Wednesday 2nd October: 6 – 9pm
- Derby – Tuesday 1st October: 6 – 10pm
Dublin Student Lock-ins:
- Nothing Confirmed.
- Princesshay – Tuesday 1st October: 6:30 – 9:30pm
- Kingsgate – Thursday 26th September: 6 – 9pm
- Trinity Leeds – Tuesday 1st October: 12 – 8pm
Leicester Student Lock-ins:
- Highcross – Tuesday 8th October: 8:30pm – 12am
- Liverpool One – Wednesday 25th September: 9:30am – 8pm
- Victoria Centre – Tuesday 1st October: 6 – 10pm
Oxford Student Lock-ins:
- Nothing Confirmed.
- Drake Circus – Tuesday 24th September: 6:30 – 9pm
- MeadowHall – Thursday 3rd October: 5 – 10pm
Getting serious about the environment we live in.
To become more ‘environmentally friendly’, Host is launching the #HostEnvironmentalPledge campaign to encourage responsible behaviour and drive sustainability across our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
It’s a simple campaign! If we can reduce our overall utilities (electric, water and gas) consumption by 1% then we will donate £10,000, 2% reduction means £20,000, 3% is £30,000 and so on, to 3 charities; BulliesOut, Planet Patrol and World Land Trust.Show me all news
For the times when you scroll through list after list and can’t decide on what to watch, this may be handy for you. Here are some of the latest Netflix releases that Lisa our marketing executive recommends for a night in…
It's important to get to enjoy the summer; there are plenty of things that you will now be able to do freely, and boosting your brain should be one of them. We've put together ways to keep your brain active over the next few months before you begin your university experience.