If you have considered studying in Leeds, or are moving here soon as an international student, learn more about why this is the perfect city for you - a home from home.
Uni open days near you
Are you thinking about going to university or looking at post-graduate courses? It can feel nerve-wracking when you start looking at university choices. From travel and leaving home, to the stress of the important upcoming life event. Are you thinking of attending a university open day soon? If so, we have listed the open days up and down the UK during November 2023.
Find out if its the right course for you.
Typically the university will start the day with a welcome talk followed by events and locations you may want to visit throughout the day. Most universities will give talks to prospective students about their institution, facilities campuses and general information. These talks are important to attend and listen to carefully, notebooks at the ready!
Most universities will offer subject specific workshops and talks. These are usually attended by parents and supporters as well, so if you are visiting with company, they may wish to join you. These talks are essential to learn more information about the course and of course to ask any questions you have.
Get a feel of the vibe and atmosphere.
- On campus.
It is important to see how you feel on campus. A great way to learn more is by speaking to current students. Ask what a typical day looks like.
- At the accommodation.
If you are planning on moving in to student accommodation, take a look at the local options whilst you are in the area. Some universities will arrange to show you accommodation options. If you are looking for student accommodation in the UK, we offer hassle-free, all-inclusive student accommodation in over 19 cities and towns up and down the UK. Sign up to be the first to know when our prices go live for September 2024/25.
UK University open day dates November 2023.
- Bournemouth | Bournemouth Uni | Saturday 18th November | Undergraduates.
- Bournemouth | Bournemouth Uni | Tuesday 21st November | Adult Nursing Yeovil Campus.
- Bournemouth | Bournemouth Uni | Wednesday 29th November | Postgraduates.
- Southampton | Winchester School of Art | Saturday 18th November | Undergraduates.
- Exeter | Exeter College | Wednesday 22nd November.
- Exeter | Uni of Exeter | Friday 10th November | Postgraduates.
- Plymouth | Uni of Plymouth | Saturday 18th November | Undergraduates.
- Plymouth | Arts University Plymouth | Saturday 25th November | Undergraduates and Postgraduates.
- Plymouth | Marjon University | Wednesday 29th November | Undergraduates and Postgraduates.
- Manchester | Uni of Manchester | 13th-17th November | Virtual Open Week.
- Liverpool | John Moores Uni | 18th November | Undergraduates.
- Liverpool | Uni of Liverpool | 6th-11th November | Online.
- Leicester | De Montfort University | Saturday 18th November.
- Birmingham | Birmingham City Uni | Sunday 26th November | Undergraduates.
- Birmingham | Aston Uni Birmingham | Saturday 18th November | Undergraduates.
- Birmingham | Uni College Birmingham | Saturday 25th November | Undergraduates.
- Birmingham | Uni of Birmingham | Saturday 11th November | Undergraduates.
- Coventry | Coventry Uni | Saturday 25th November.
- Nottingham | Nottingham Trent University | Wednesday 22nd November | Postgraduates.
- Colchester | Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford | Thursday 9th November | Postgraduates.
- Colchester | Anglia Ruskin Chelmsford | Saturday 25th November | Undergraduates.
- Colchester | Uni Centre Colchester | Thursday 30th November.
Getting serious about the environment we live in.
To become more ‘environmentally friendly’, Host is launching the #HostEnvironmentalPledge campaign to encourage responsible behaviour and drive sustainability across our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
It’s a simple campaign! For every percent we reduce our overall utilities (electric, water and gas) consumption by we donate to one of our nominated charities.Show me all news
When you’re viewing a property for university, we understand the importance of asking questions and getting the feel of the space. You might feel pressure to secure student accommodation, but it pays off to be thorough when viewing show flats. We’ve put together a list of the best questions to ask when viewing student accommodation.
This year, Chinese New Year is on Saturday 10th February and it is the year of the Dragon Zodiac. The Chinese New Year date changes every year, but is always held between January 21st and February 20th, as the Chinese year follows the lunar calendar. The holiday falls on the second new moon after the winter solstice, (the winter solstice, occurs when one of the Earth's poles has its maximum tilt away from the Sun), on December 21st.