Colchester Student Union is the place to go for advice, volunteering, sports, societies and just a 15 min cycle from 27 Magdalen Street.
Upcoming university open days
With all but a few COVID restrictions remaining, university open days are back with a bang!
And more importantly A-level students will be able to attend the open days of their dream universities in person this year. Whilst universities have tried to make virtual open days as interactive as possible. There is just no beating being able to explore and see your chosen university in person, you get to see it, smell it and live it.
If you have any questions or concerns about your choices; Attending an open day allows you to question the people who spend the most time there. You will figure out if you can see yourself living and enjoying yourself at the uni and even the city.
When you do plan your visit, make sure to spend some time walking around more than just the uni – visit some of the local shops and places to eat. Is there enough accessibility? Are you planning to live on campus? What’s on offer in terms of other accommodation? With Host, we have over 20 locations in 17 locations across the UK and Ireland. You can find out more here.
When are the university open days?
Below are some of the confirmed open days over the next few months. Keep an eye on opendays.com as more are added to the list.
- Oxford | Oxford Brookes University | Saturday 19th February and Saturday 2nd April 2022.
- Coventry |Coventry University | Wednesday 23rd February, Saturday 19th March, Saturday 2nd April and Saturday 7th May 2022.
- Southampton | Solent University | Wednesday 23rd February, Saturday 5th March, Wednesday 6th March and Saturday 23rd April 2022.
- London | University of East London | Saturday 26th February 2022.
- Plymouth | University of Plymouth | Wednesday 9th March, Saturday 23rd April and Wednesday 22nd June 2022.
- Wolverhampton | University of Wolverhampton | Saturday 26th March and Saturday 11th June 2022.
Getting serious about the environment we live in.
To become more ‘environmentally friendly’, Host is launching the #HostEnvironmentalPledge campaign to encourage responsible behaviour and drive sustainability across our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
It’s a simple campaign! If we can reduce our overall utilities (electric, water and gas) consumption by 1% then we will donate £10,000, 2% reduction means £20,000, 3% is £30,000 and so on, to 3 charities; BulliesOut, Planet Patrol and World Land Trust.Show me all news
Moving in weekends have started across all our Host properties in the UK and Ireland. And we get it can be an anxious time so to help you settle in here are our top tips
Move in day can feel stressful, but the main thing is that once it’s over and you’re in your new room – the fun can begin. We have a look at what the day will be like for thousands of students across the UK and Ireland.