When you think about starting university, you expect to be filled with excitement about what the next three or four years of your life will be like. But you may still be nervous so to help we've put together some common concerns from students and how to deal with them.
Christmas Bucket List
Stuck for some ideas of what to do over the Christmas holidays? Here’s our Christmas bucket list of 20 things to do between now and New Year’s Eve…
- Wear Christmas Pyjamas – All day.
- Do some Christmas baking – Like these 98 baking recipes from BBC Good food.
- Make a homemade gift – How about a homemade bath bomb?
- Catch up with an old school or college friend.
- Make a tree ornament – Here’s 72 ideas for you.
- Pull together your ultimate Christmas playlist.
- Have a luxury Hot Chocolate with all the cream, marshmallows, etc. Sainsbury’s have a really simple recipe that will make up to 12 in one go!
- Donate a toy or gift to charity – Check out the Salvation Army Christmas Present Appeal.
- Have a Christmas Holiday Film Binge – Take a look at TimeOut’s 50 Best Christmas Movies – but Elf is the best Christmas movie!!
- Go Christmas Carolling – Boris says its okay!
- Spend an evening wrapping all your Christmas presents – Take a look at our blog from last Christmas about eco-friendly gift wrapping.
- Go see the lights.
- Wear a Christmas Jumper.
- Start a new tradition.
- Follow Santa on Christmas Eve – Google have a tracker.
- Have a boxing day walk – Take a look at CountryFile Magazines guide to the best boxing day walks.
- Wish your neighbours a Merry Christmas.
- Have a Christmas Karaoke session.
- Hang up your Christmas Stockings.
- Start planning your New Year’s Goals.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and let us know what you’re doing over the holidays. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #HoHoHost. Keep an eye on our news page for the latest information from Host and some top festive tips.
Getting serious about the environment we live in.
To become more ‘environmentally friendly’, Host is launching the #HostEnvironmentalPledge campaign to encourage responsible behaviour and drive sustainability across our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
It’s a simple campaign! If we can reduce our overall utilities (electric, water and gas) consumption by 1% then we will donate £10,000, 2% reduction means £20,000, 3% is £30,000 and so on, to 3 charities; BulliesOut, Planet Patrol and World Land Trust.Show me all news
Sharing your student experience with other people can be fun, exciting and rewarding. To ensure it stays that way, here are some helpful tips you can follow to be the best flatmate possible. It's pretty simple.
We've updated our getting ready for uni blog, and we've split our tips into different parts so that we can bring you all the details you will need over the next few months as you prepare for September and move in day.