Festive music, mulled wine, sparkling lights - Christmas Markets and Winter Wonderlands are one of England's best traditions. An excuse to have a lovely day out with friends and families, take in the country's most picturesque cities, and do a little retail therapy whilst you're at it. We have listed some of the most popular Christmas markets for you to visit this festive season. Start planning your ultimate winter trip for 2023 today.
Christmas Bucket List
Stuck for some ideas of what to do over the Christmas holidays? Here’s our Christmas bucket list of 20 things to do between now and New Year’s Eve…
- Wear Christmas Pyjamas – All day.
- Do some Christmas baking – Like these 98 baking recipes from BBC Good food.
- Make a homemade gift – How about a homemade bath bomb?
- Catch up with an old school or college friend.
- Make a tree ornament – Here’s 72 ideas for you.
- Pull together your ultimate Christmas playlist.
- Have a luxury Hot Chocolate with all the cream, marshmallows, etc. Sainsbury’s have a really simple recipe that will make up to 12 in one go!
- Donate a toy or gift to charity – Check out the Salvation Army Christmas Present Appeal.
- Have a Christmas Holiday Film Binge – Take a look at TimeOut’s 50 Best Christmas Movies – but Elf is the best Christmas movie!!
- Go Christmas Carolling!
- Spend an evening wrapping all your Christmas presents – Take a look at our blog from last Christmas about eco-friendly gift wrapping.
- Go see the lights.
- Wear a Christmas Jumper.
- Start a new tradition.
- Follow Santa on Christmas Eve – Google have a tracker.
- Have a boxing day walk – Take a look at CountryFile Magazines guide to the best boxing day walks.
- Wish your neighbours a Merry Christmas.
- Have a Christmas Karaoke session.
- Hang up your Christmas Stockings.
- Start planning your New Year’s Goals.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and let us know what you’re doing over the holidays. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #HoHoHost. Keep an eye on our news page for the latest information from Host and some top festive tips.
Getting serious about the environment we live in.
To become more ‘environmentally friendly’, Host is launching the #HostEnvironmentalPledge campaign to encourage responsible behaviour and drive sustainability across our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
It’s a simple campaign! For every percent we reduce our overall utilities (electric, water and gas) consumption by we donate to one of our nominated charities.Show me all news
Hello Leeds! We are expanding our range of locations for student accommodation. Welcome to Exchange Court, our latest student accommodation in Leeds. A brand new luxury student accommodation in Leeds city centre opening in September 2024. Offering spacious studios with huge windows and lots of natural light and many with your own private balcony.
It's that time of year when the days are shorter, the weather is cold and wet, and after a day studying you just want to get cosy, not go to the gym. That's perfectly okay. Read our tips on how to burn calories another way.