As it always has been, the safety and wellbeing of our students and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
With that in mind, we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the outbreak. See below for more information.
1. What is Coronavirus?
COVID-19 is a new illness that is caused by a virus called Coronavirus and can affect your lungs and airways.
The main symptoms are:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back.
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours.
- Anosmia – this is the loss or change in your normal sense of smell and can have an effect on your taste.
2. Students Booking for 2023/24
We know there’s a lot of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 for both existing and new students and the possible impact on your studies. That’s why we’ve maintained a set of commitments to give all students booking with us for the start of the 2023/24 academic year flexibility and peace of mind.
3. Our Commitment to Health & Safety
We understand that COVID-19 has been, and still is, a worrying and uncertain time for everyone. That’s why we’re committed to doing whatever it takes to protect our students and staff and minimise the risk of coronavirus at our accommodation.
Following an in-depth review by the British Safety Council (BSC) we have achieved the BSC COVID-19 Assurance Accreditation. This means our organisational policies, procedures and arrangements in response to the control of COVID-19 within our accommodations meet the current UK government guidelines. Learn more about what we’re doing at Host by clicking the button below.