As it always has been, the safety and wellbeing of our students and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
With that in mind, we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the outbreak. See below for more information.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding bookings, on-site safety and how we’re supporting our students and teams.
1. What is Coronavirus?
COVID-19 is a new illness that is caused by a virus called Coronavirus and can affect your lungs and airways.
The main symptoms are:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back.
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours.
- Anosmia – this is the loss or change in your normal sense of smell and can have an effect on your taste.
2. Students Booking for 2020/21
We know there’s a lot of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 for both existing and new students and the possible impact on your studies.
That’s why we’ve introduced a set of commitments to give all students booking with us for the start of the 2020/21 academic year flexibility and peace of mind.
3. Our Commitment to Health & Safety
We have been working hard planning for our future, looking at ways to adapt our accommodation and our service to ensure that our students and team members are kept safe.
When our students move in for the new academic year, there will be a number of additions to Host’s procedures designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness and safety at our accommodation.
4. Current Residents
We understand you may have lots of questions, so we’re doing all we can to help answer these for you. For this reason, we’ve compiled a document with Frequently Asked Questions for students who are currently living with us.
Cancellation Policy & Refunds for Current Residents:
Host Student Housing Limited are the managing agent of your accommodation provision.
We have been in dialogue with the various building owners with regard to the current Coronavirus situation and have therefore reflected these discussions within the Cancellation Policy for your property.
Below is a list of all the properties that we manage on behalf of the numerous building owners and also a link to that site’s Cancellation Policy.
Please be advised that discussions are ongoing with all of our building owners and we will update the relevant site’s Cancellation Policy when we have received authorisation to do so. Please therefore keep checking this page and the links below for further updates.
Furthermore, we have included below for your information, a link to the advice given to students by the Minister of State for Universities on behalf of the Government. We have also included a link to the advice that has been published by Unipol who administer the National Code of Standards for Student Accommodation. Please read both articles.
- Birmingham – Host Student Apartments
- Birmingham – Londonderry House
- Birmingham – The Metalworks
- Bristol – King Square Studios
- Bristol – Transom House
- Cambridge – CB1
- Carlisle – Denton Holme Student Village
- Chester – Fontessa House
- Coventry – The Apollo Works
- Derby – The Croft
- Dublin – Point Campus
- Exeter – The Printworks
- Huddersfield – Firth Point
- Huddersfield – Saw Mill
- Huddersfield – Snow Island
- Leicester – The Glassworks
- Liverpool – Hope Street Apartments
- London – Bernard Myers House
- London – The Hive
- London – The Hub
- London – One Penrhyn Road
- London – Sunlight Apartments
- London – Victoria Hall King’s Cross
- Nottingham – Lace Market Studios
- Oxford – The Mews
- Plymouth – Alexandra Works
- Plymouth – Central Point
- Plymouth – Discovery Heights
- Plymouth – Frobisher House
- Plymouth – St Thomas Court
- Plymouth – The Old Dairy
- Sheffield – Central Quay
5. Our Thanks
As we constantly evaluate and update policies and protocols, we want to extend a special thank you to our team members. They have been working tirelessly to support our students and ensure their health, safety and wellbeing.
From everyone at Host, we would also like to say a huge thank you to all the NHS staff and the key workers. Thank you for all your hard work during these unprecedented times – you’re all doing an amazing job!