Festive music, mulled wine, sparkling lights - Christmas Markets and Winter Wonderlands are one of England's best traditions. An excuse to have a lovely day out with friends and families, take in the country's most picturesque cities, and do a little retail therapy whilst you're at it. We have listed some of the most popular Christmas markets for you to visit this festive season. Start planning your ultimate winter trip for 2023 today.
Men’s Health Week
This week (10-16 June) the world celebrates Men’s Health Week. A week to bring awareness to health issues that affect men disproportionately and focuses on getting men to become more aware of problems they may have or could develop.
The focus for 2019 is men’s health by numbers – A focus on the key numbers that men need to know about their own health. Key numbers for men include:
- 37 – a waist size of 37 inches or above puts you at increased of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- 150 – men should aim for 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week.
- 5 – we should aim to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day.
- 14 – maximum 14 units of alcohol a week.
- 10 – cigarette smokers die 10 years younger on average than non-smokers.
- 120/80 – normal blood pressure.
- 75 – 75% of suicides (3 out of 4) are by men.
- 1 man in 5 dies before the age of 65.
- 2 men in 5 die before the age of 75.
- Men in unskilled work are 3 times more likely to take their own lives than men in senior management.
- The richest men live on average 10 years longer than the least well-off men.
Research from Boots has found that men are less likely to follow up on warning symptoms, with blokes in Britain visiting the doctor 20 per cent less than their female partners. Initiatives such as Mental Health Week aim to change this, which is vital when considering that in the UK, more than 100,000 men a year die prematurely, and one man in five dies before the age of 65.
Getting serious about the environment we live in.
To become more ‘environmentally friendly’, Host is launching the #HostEnvironmentalPledge campaign to encourage responsible behaviour and drive sustainability across our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
It’s a simple campaign! For every percent we reduce our overall utilities (electric, water and gas) consumption by we donate to one of our nominated charities.Show me all news
Hello Leeds! We are expanding our range of locations for student accommodation. Welcome to Exchange Court, our latest student accommodation in Leeds. A brand new luxury student accommodation in Leeds city centre opening in September 2024. Offering spacious studios with huge windows and lots of natural light and many with your own private balcony.
It's that time of year when the days are shorter, the weather is cold and wet, and after a day studying you just want to get cosy, not go to the gym. That's perfectly okay. Read our tips on how to burn calories another way.