Festive music, mulled wine, sparkling lights - Christmas Markets and Winter Wonderlands are one of England's best traditions. An excuse to have a lovely day out with friends and families, take in the country's most picturesque cities, and do a little retail therapy whilst you're at it. We have listed some of the most popular Christmas markets for you to visit this festive season. Start planning your ultimate winter trip for 2023 today.
Staying healthy in the heat
Although most of us welcome the summer sun and heat, the heatwave and high temperatures we’re currently experiencing can be harmful to your health. The following tips will help guard you against any heat related issues and help you stay healthy in the heat:
- Plan your day so you slow down, stay indoors and avoid strenuous activities during the hottest part of the day (11am – 3pm).
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water regularly. Avoid drinks with caffeine.
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight and light-coloured clothing. Avoid dark colours because they absorb the sun’s rays.
- Shut windows and close the blinds when it’s hotter outside. Open windows for ventilation when it’s cooler.
- Avoid extreme temperature changes, for example moving from a cold air-conditioned room to the outside.
- Keep a check on friends, relatives and neighbours throughout the day, especially those less able to look after themselves.
Generally, we’re able to regulate our internal temperature by sweating, but excessive heat makes it harder for our body to cool itself, which could lead to one of 3 heat-related illnesses; heat cramps, heat exhaustion or heat stroke. For more information, prevention and advice on staying healthy in the heat, visit the NHS website.
We hope you enjoy your summer and the beautiful weather whilst it lasts, and make sure you stay safe and healthy in the heat! For more advice, tips and updates from Host, visit our news page.
Getting serious about the environment we live in.
To become more ‘environmentally friendly’, Host is launching the #HostEnvironmentalPledge campaign to encourage responsible behaviour and drive sustainability across our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
It’s a simple campaign! For every percent we reduce our overall utilities (electric, water and gas) consumption by we donate to one of our nominated charities.Show me all news
Hello Leeds! We are expanding our range of locations for student accommodation. Welcome to Exchange Court, our latest student accommodation in Leeds. A brand new luxury student accommodation in Leeds city centre opening in September 2024. Offering spacious studios with huge windows and lots of natural light and many with your own private balcony.
It's that time of year when the days are shorter, the weather is cold and wet, and after a day studying you just want to get cosy, not go to the gym. That's perfectly okay. Read our tips on how to burn calories another way.