Payment and Guarantor Guide
What are the payment options?
For most room types and tenancy durations, we offer two payment options:
- Full contract payment: You pay for the full duration of the accommodation in one payment at the time of booking. Some of our locations will offer you the option of splitting the payment by making an advanced rent payment on booking, this is usually £200 which is deducted from the total payment which is due on the 1st August.
NB: If you book a room after the 1st August you will need to make the full payment at the time of booking.
- Instalment plan: The full value of the contract is broken down into several payments spread throughout the duration of your tenancy. You will need to make an advanced rent payment when you book of £200 which is deducted from your second rent instalment.
Please note: To be eligible for an instalment plan you will need a UK Guarantor.
NB: If you book a room after the 1st August you will need to make payments one and two at the time of booking.
- Looking for a monthly payment plan? Contact our onsite team direct for further information on monthly payment plans.
Do I pay a deposit/bond?
We don’t take a deposit or charge you a bond when you book with Host. We take an initial rent payment; this is not a deposit it is a payment made on booking which forms part of your total rental amount.
When do I pay my rent?
The payment dates for each payment plan are clearly shown in the pricing breakdown of each room type on the website. However, if you select an instalment plan for the 2024/25 academic year on a 51/44/43 week tenancy your rent is due on the following dates:
- Advanced rent: on booking
- 1st instalment: 1st August 2024
- 2nd instalment: 25th September 2024
- 3rd instalment: 9th January 2025
- 4th instalment: 9th April 2025
If you have already moved in or have booked with Host, you can see when your payments are due by logging into “My Account” on the Host Portal.
Why do I need a Guarantor?
When you rent a property in the UK, it’s common for landlords to ask for a rent guarantor. This is someone who we can call on if there is a problem with rent payments.
What is a UK Guarantor?
A UK Guarantor is someone who agrees to pay your rent if you are unable to. We expect a UK Guarantor to:
- Be someone you know personally, living and working in the UK.
- Be between the ages of 18-75.
- Be in full-time employment, self-employed or receiving a private pension.
- Have a good credit history.
- Provide proof of income.
- Provide proof of residence (last 3 years).
This provides us with security, ensuring your rent will be paid on time and in full.
Please note: By agreeing to be a guarantor, the person(s) is signing a legal document stating that they agree to pay the rent and guarantee the behaviour of the resident if they default. Any student who does not have a UK guarantor will be required to pay the full year’s rent upon application.
How do I cancel a booking?
If you cancel your contract before the contract begins, or you want to cancel and move out early, you will be subject to our cancellation terms and charges. You can find the Cancellation Policy beneath the pricing options for the room you have booked, as well as a link in your chosen location’s FAQs.
Please get in touch with our on-site teams directly who will be more than happy to assist you.