The university application process doesn't have to be scary. In fact, it's a great opportunity for students to set themselves apart from other applicants. Learn how to write good personal statements for university here.
City Focus: Leicester Part 3.
Continuing from Part 2 our Property Managers Abby & Dan take a look at some of the top places to Eat, Drink and Shop in Leicester.
The 5 best places to grab a bite to Eat.
Where to suggest? There’s so much to choose from…
- The Golden Mile is LITERALLY what Leicester is known for when it comes to food. You’ll probably need to head over there in a taxi, but the curry is SO. WORTH. IT.
- If you fancy trying vegan wholefoods, then Current Affairs is for you! Its grab and go, but easily within 5 minutes’ walk of the accommodation.
- Who doesn’t love a Crafty Burger? Open exclusively Thursday through until Saturday at St Martins Coffee Shop. Pre-booking essential.
- Doughnotts is the ‘Holy Grail’ of sweet treats. Try their Peanut Butter & Jelly doughnut, it’s a firm favourite of ours!
- If you’re looking for somewhere to head for ice cream, then award-winning Gelato Village is where you need to be! They’ve even got an ice cream called King Richard III – a nod to Leicester’s history!
The 5 best places to venture Out-Out.
Want to avoid the usual chains on your next night out? We’ve sampled a few of our locals, in no particular order…
- The Attic – A Cozy Cocktail and Gin Bar with An Intimate Roof Terrace and Great Music. Situated above The Cookie on Leicester City’s High Street.
- Apres Lounge – An après ski bar in the style of an Alpine Lodge. Complete with a cosy roaring fire and wood panelling, you’ll quickly be transported away onto your very own relaxing holiday.
- Bruxelles – has been at the heart of Leicester for a quarter of a century. Specialising in Belgian Beers, Bruxelles Leicester also serves cocktails, spirits and wine.
- Manhattan 34 – Inspired by Jazz age glam and vintage American style, Manhattan 34 is a prohibition styled bar with bespoke cocktails as well as craft beers and real ale on the menu. If you’re looking for a night out in sophisticated surroundings then this surely is the place to come!
- 33 Cank Street – 33 Cank Street will not disappoint, delivering both style and substance with their original cocktail menu – don’t worry the classics are available too.
The 5 best places to go Shopping.
Love to shop? Get ready for some serious retail therapy…
- Highcross – Leicester’s ultra-modern shopping centre, find an awe-inspiring mix of fashion stores, over 40 cafés and restaurants and a 12-screen Cinema.
- The Lanes – Wander through the Victorian cobbled streets and arcades full of independent stores, you’ll find everything from unique jewellery pieces to really high-end fashion labels in these boutique stores.
- Pink Pigeon – Into your vintage clothing? Then head to Silver Street and Pink Pigeon. You’ll find no end of vintage Men and women’s clothing from every corner of the world.
- Out of Joint – Head to Malcolm Arcade for this treasure trove of vinyl records. Specialising in everything from Avant Garde to Techno you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
- Nada – Leicester’s first and currently only zero waste, plastic free store. Grab your mason jars, head down there and stock up!
And don’t forget to take a look around Leicester’s market its been there for over 700 years, complete with an amazing food hall.
Getting serious about the environment we live in.
To become more ‘environmentally friendly’, Host is launching the #HostEnvironmentalPledge campaign to encourage responsible behaviour and drive sustainability across our sites throughout the UK and Ireland.
It’s a simple campaign! For every percent we reduce our overall utilities (electric, water and gas) consumption by we donate to one of our nominated charities.Show me all news
Graduate schemes are a fantastic way to boost your career prospects and personal development after university. Discover how to apply to a graduate scheme here.
Being a student can be a little expensive, especially when some find that their maintenance loans don't cover the basics and due to the cost of living crisis. So, be sure to make the most of your student discount while you can. We have been busy finding the best student discounts this Freshers for you. Take a look at some of the best discounts we believe you need to know about right now.